January 10, 2015

Instagram

Those who know me well know that I'm a big user of Instagram. I can't get enough of it as I love taking photos of the moments I experience and I love looking at other instagramers (if that is such a word) to see what they're up to and find out about things that are happening around me, my city and around the world. 

Although I have a blog, I feel that photos tell a thousand more words that words itself and visual images can help with transporting the person to another world and to help explain what it is your experiencing at that moment in time. If you're not aware already (which means you must seriously be under a heavy rock!), my blog "Dreams & Sparkle" has  an Instagram account - click on the link and follow my journey in square photos.


I tend to post more images in my Instragram account than I do on the blog as sometimes you don't need words to explain where I am and what I'm experiencing so if you're not already, please go and follow me @dreamsnsparkle and see what I get up to and let me know what you think about it. 

I've also been creating and thinking about expanding my @dreamsnsparkle account and have come up with a concept which I'd love for my readers and followers to join in if you have an Instagram account. If you don't, then I suggest that you set one up and this will be fun and you'll want to join in on the fun. I hope you do! Once you have your account set up or if you already have one, follow me and partake in the fun. 

As most of you know, I'm a young single Sydney girl living in the inner city and during the working week I work in a corporate office environment which means I have to dress "corporate" to the office from Monday to Thursday with Friday being "casual Fridays" (with corporate rules!). Anyhow, I'm not a suit type of girl as I find them uncomfortable,  restrictive and simply not really my style in fashion (however, I do think they look fabulous, just not on me).

So I've started a little project on my Instagram account where I post up photos of my "corporate style" outfit for the day and letting my followers know what I've put together and where I've purchased the items. I'm hoping to provide inspiration to others and also to remove the stigma that you must always wear a suit to the office. I believe that you should be able to wear something beautiful in your own style and still be work appropriate.

I'd love for you guys to follow me and post up your own "corporate style" and inspire others with fashion ideas and have a little bit of fun along the way. Below are the rules to the Corporate Styles:

  • There are no rules!
  • Have fun
  • Be creative
  • Inspire
  • Use the following hashtags so I and others can find you: #dnscorporatestyle #dreamsnsparkle #corporatestyle
  • Check out other photos and support each other by "liking" them
  • If you have Twitter or Facebook, share your photos on there as well….share them everywhere!
Wearing: Top from Seed and Skirt from Zara #dnscorporatestyle

Wearing Calvin Klein for my Friday casual corporate #dnscorporatestyle

Come have some fun with me, help me grow this project and let's see where we can take this.

Happy Instagramming and happy Dreams and Sparkle Corporate Styles!

Jo xo

2 comments:

  1. You have a selfie stick?!!!!!!! ......... I'm jealous!

    I'd love to join in but I have no corporate, if you know what I mean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes, I have a selfie stick! And I LOVE it…. embracing and awesome all rolled into one.

      Oh, please do join in on the fun. You don't have to be working in a corporate environment to partake in the fun. You can be "mummy corporate". Your additional hashtage can be #dnsmummycorporate. You have such a fabulous style, it would be such a shame not to share it with others. Let others know that mums are not just t-shirts and tracksuit pants; I know you have an amazing style and I'm sure other mum's would love the inspiration from you.

      I hope to see some insta photos in your mummy corporate x

      Delete